Learning Language Arts Through Literature: Red, Teacher Book
The Common Sense Press second grade reading program continues phonics instruction that will bring confidence and fluency to the beginning reader. The updated third edition is even easier to use with three new readers that give your student more practice in mastering phonics. Students will enjoy the exciting stories in the readers and use them to learn grammar, creative writing, higher-order thinking skills, and much more. The program includes a Teacher Book, a Student Activity Book, and 6 readers, each containing several stories all packaged in a convenient, attractive full-color box. There are three supplemental readers that can be used for additional practice, but are not necessary for the program.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Lessons require little or NO preparation! Instructions and activities for phonics, reading skills, grammar, creative writing, and higher-order thinking skills taken from six delightful readers! Includes a quick review of first grade phonics and instruction in advanced phonics.
- The "real book" read alouds needed for this program may be obtained through your library or purchased from bookstores or catalogs.
- Enrichment Activities included in The Red Book Program will challenge your student with thinking, writing, and creative activities that are ideal for the fluent reader and easily adaptable for the nonreader.
- Handwriting instruction teaches upper and lower-case letters, numbers, PLUS punctuation! Illustrated practice sheets encourage your students to do their best.
- Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, and Punctuation Pointers keep students on track.
- Games, word-wheels, flip books, and MORE hands-on projects and activities are effective for ALL types of learners.
- Spelling lessons include spelling lists, word puzzles, and spelling tips.
- Assessments enable teachers to evaluate progress. Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, Syllable Sense, and Punctuation Pointers aid students in remembering the tricks of the trade for reading, grammar, and spelling.
- Essential to the program, additional consumable Student Activity Books may be purchased separately
Our second grade reading program includes a Teacher Book, a Student Activity Book, and six readers all packaged in a convenient, attractive full-color box.