Earth Science & Astronomy for the Grammar Stage Combo Third Edition
Earth Science & Astronomy for the Grammar Stage provides a first-look at our planet and our solar system for the classical student. This homeschool science program includes plans for reading assignments from visually appealing encyclopedias, scripted hands-on demonstrations, and customized student notebooking options.
KEY FEATURES Each of our classical science programs focuses on an area of science that is studied through:
Weekly coordinating scientific demonstrations or experiments;
Visually appealing reading assignments from encyclopedias;
Notebooking with customized student workbooks.
THE TEACHER GUIDE
Have the tools you need to teach Earth science and astronomy at your fingertips! Our Earth Science & Astronomy for the Grammar Stage Teacher Guidelays out a thirty-six-week study of our planet and our solar system. The guide includes:
- 2 Scheduling options (2-day and 5-day),
- Plans for reading assignments from visually appealing children's encyclopedias,
- Scripted scientific demonstrations, plus additional STEAM activities,
- And information for notebooking assignments, plus vocabulary and memory work.
Each week, you will know what to read about science, what to do for science, and how to write about science.
THE STUDENT MATERIALS
Harness the power of notebooking with our student workbooks or lapbooking templates!
- The Earth Science & Astronomy for the Grammar Stage Student Workbook includes all the pages you need for the unit projects, notebooking sheets, demonstration reports, and review sheets, plus a student glossary.
- The Earth Science & Astronomy for the Grammar Stage Lapbooking Templates include all the mini-book templates you need to create four beautiful lapbooks showing what your students learned during the year.
We also offer coordinating coloring pages to use with your students.
- Ages: 6 to 9 years old
- Grades: 1st through 3rd grade
- Length: 36 weeks
- Topics Covered: Earth's Features, Living Earth, Solar System, Stars (Please see the sample packet below for a complete list of the topics covered.)
- Required Books (3rd Edition): DK First Earth Encyclopedia (2018 Edition) and DK First Space Encyclopedia (2016 Edition)