Learning Language Arts Through Literature: Gray, Teacher Book
Primarily based on dictation, your student will learn all the components of language arts in one easy to use book. A five week Writing Unit prepares students for high school writing and research as well as continued study in prefixes, suffixes, and roots words. Four Book Studies are designed to expand understanding through various activities involving reading and writing skills. The updated third edition is even easier to use with new lessons and analogies study.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Integrated language arts lessons including: grammar, spelling, higher order thinking, and study skills. Encouraging a love for classical literature, through dictation students learn punctuation, capitalization, parts of speech, grammar, creative writing, and more.
- Spelling lists each week from the most Commonly Misspelled Words.
- Vocabulary Building exercises bring meaning to vocabulary in context making it useful in everyday language. Continued study of suffixes, prefixes, and root words prepares students for college testing.
- Four Book Studies (listed in the order they appear):
- Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
- A Lantern in Her Hand by Bess Streeter Aldrich
- Eric Liddell by Catherine Swift
- God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew
- A five week Writing Unit prepares students for high school writing and research as well as continued study in prefixes, suffixes, and roots words.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Reviews Activities follow each lesson providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.
The Gray Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for the Gray Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a BONUS for teachers. The Gray SAB provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found ONLY in the SAB. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.) Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently.