A Child's Geography: Explore the Classical World
Using a mix of geography and history, your students will learn about the classical world, and the story of different people groups leaving Babel and spreading their culture and influence around the world. A Child’s Geography Vol. 3: Explore the Classical World is designed for students in the 4th – 6th grade level. It is scheduled for 3-day weeks over a year-long interactive journey. Students completing this course will:
- Explore the countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea, including Greece and Italy
- Visit the Balkan Peninsula to explore Albania, North Macedonia, Serbia, and more
- Discover historic sites that include castles, monasteries, fortresses, windmills, and ancient ruins
- See how Christians like the Apostle Paul and others helped bring God’s Word to the world
We approach this journey from a biblical worldview that affirms the truth of God’s Word. As part of the course, students will learn about each country’s history, which in a few cases includes very brief details about their false gods, such as the Greek “gods” of Olympus. In today’s popular culture, these “gods” are often portrayed as heroes in movies, comic books, and more. We, however, have chosen to take the factual approach, making clear these stories are myths about false gods while reaffirming the eternal truths of the one true God as presented in His Holy Word.
Course components include:
- Travel Log notes at the end of each section to sum up important points
- Travel Journal at the end of each chapter to record trip highlights, favorites, and more
- Supply list, recipes, and crafts
- Worksheets, chapter tests, final exam, glossary, and answer key
- Maps and activities to promote map-reading skills
- A helpful course calendar for easy scheduling.