Language Lessons for a Living Education (Book 4)
Master Books’ story-based language arts curriculum, Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 4, helps fourth grade level students master writing strong and descriptive paragraphs. They will learn story elements, the eight parts of speech, letter writing, and much more!
Complete with fun, full-color worksheets and the continued story of Claire and Micah, Level 4 keeps students engaged and excited to learn more!
This language arts series adapts Charlotte Mason ideas for the modern homeschool student, complete with character-building themes. Each quarter has five stories, two picture studies (one of which is Bible-based), and two poems (one of which is a Psalm). Using the spelling words and the Dictionary Worksheets, students will create their very own dictionary as they move week by week through the material.
A helpful and detailed daily schedule:
- DAY 1: Focus on a short story, poem, picture study, select Bible verses
- DAY 2 & 3: Writing topics such as grammar and punctuation
- DAY 4: Reading from 101 Favorite Stories of the Bible, Scripture copywork and memorization
- DAY 5: Creating your own dictionary with a focus on spelling and vocabulary
Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 4 teaches students to recognize types of verbs and verb agreement, plural pronouns, prefixes, contractions, synonyms, root words and more. Continuing with what the student has learned in Level 3, Book 4 will add to their communication skills. They will review and refine lessons from Level 3 in addition to learning these new skills.
Within the course, students will:
- Master state of being verbs, action verbs, and possessive nouns
- Review sentences, singular and plural nouns, adjectives and adverbs
- Identify abbreviations, proper use of punctuation marks, spelling, root words, compound words, and suffixes
- Create their own dictionary with words learned through the course
- Learn to create good paragraphs based on structure and comprehension
- Develop skills in using the dictionary and a thesaurus for spelling and vocabulary- building
- Explore the Scripture, parts of letter writing, copywork, and more!
Scope and sequence, a daily course calendar, and additional learning resources including independent reading lists, spelling words, practice sheets and more are included to help your student master basic concepts. Reviews are also incorporated throughout the course to help them understand and apply what they learn.
Required Course Materials: 101 Favorite Stories of the Bible