Learning Language Arts Through Literature: Orange, Teacher Book
The Orange Book is a blend of dictation of literature passages, book studies, and special writing units. The story writing unit also includes instructions on making and binding their new book. The updated third edition is even easier to use with added editing and synonym practice to strengthen your student’s writing. Lessons integrate all the fourth grade language arts skills: grammar, creative writing, composition, spelling, higher-order reasoning, and study skills.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed! Everyday Words lessons contain dictation, grammar exercises, spelling tips, creative writing, and more.
- Five units that provide the opportunity for your student to apply skills through various styles. The five units include:
- Journal Writing
- Story Writing and Book Making
- Four Book Studies (listed in the order which they appear):
- The Boxcar Children (Book #1) by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Wilbur and Orville Wright by Augusta Stevenson
- Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin By His Good Mouse Amos by Robert Lawson
- The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
- Each book study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- Reviews Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.
The Orange Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for the Orange Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a BONUS for teachers. The Orange SAB provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found ONLY in the SAB. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.) Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently.