Super Duper: Social City Game
Webber® Functional Communication Game
Teach non-verbal students to communicate using Mayer-Johnson Boardmaker Picture Communication Symbols with these amusing, motivating games. The five game formats (Functional World of Communication Game, Spinning with Communication, Communication Bingo, Lotto, and Tic-Tac-Toe) cover daily topics, and allow students with varying motor and verbal skills to participate in games they often would not be able to participate in due to their fine motor or communication abilities.
Students place markers on bingo, lotto, and tic-tac-toe boards, move game pieces around the game board, and hit a flashing spinner to earn tokens when answering questions. Activities and boards allow the SLP to plan a therapy session without spending hours making boards and provide 1,611 expressive and receptive questions and commands for student practice.
Webber Functional Communication Games contains eleven topic areas.
- Around town—transportation and community helpers
- Small group—weather/seasons and days of the week
Each topic area includes two different communication boards with 18 receptive cards and 18 expressive cards that target matching, identification, sentence completion, and responding to questions. In addition to teaching non-verbal students to use augmentative communication, the games are great for working with preschoolers with language delays, children with autism and hearing impairments, and children who respond well to visual cues.
Webber Functional Communication:
- 44 double-sided communication boards (9½" x 11")
- 11 topic areas with two different boards per topic, 9 pictures per board
- 396 question cards targeting receptive and expressive skills
- 198 receptive (2¼" x 2¼")
- 198 expressive cards (4¼" x 3¼")
- Electronic spinner, includes battery
- Game markers
- Game board
- Foam bingo squares